Monday, April 2, 2007

Second thoughts

It's always dangerous to think you know someone that you have never met, let alone spent any time with. It's fine to blog your opinions out there on the Internet, but deep down, I know that I will most likely never meet any of the people I am writing about. And because of this I know that it's possible that I may not capture the absolute truest picture of who they are.

But sometimes the material available is so strong that you just sense it must be true. Such is the case with the interview Jonathan Alter of Newsweek did with Elizabeth Edwards (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17889146/site/newsweek/). There's nothing I can write that would do justice to this woman. All I can say is, read the interview, and then ask yourself how would you handle the same situation? Deep down ask yourself what your attitude would be like and how strong you would be.

Elizabeth Edwards is not running for President. But she decided to spend her life with John Edwards. She sees something in him that is good, true and worth loving or she wouldn't have married him and stuck by his side as she has done. And that's enough to make me reconsider what kind of man Edwards is.

No comments: